New Release for 2014
Check out our first new release in a decade! After not-so-much ado, our 3rd release is available: The Dead Poets III: Life is Fine features both live and studio recordings. Read all about it!
This is only the first in a series of planned releases as we head back into the studio, as well as plumb the depths of our recording archives. You may purchase The Dead Poets III: Life is Fine, wholly or in part, by clicking below!
About The Dead Poets
We all live in or near Asheville, North Carolina. Our first performance was in 1996 at the legendary Green Door on Carolina Lane; our most recent performance was in 2013 at Altamont Theatre. For nearly 20 years we've played together, for audiences ranging from five people in tiny bar to five hundred in a packed auditorium.
- Allan Wolf (percussion, guitar, vocals) is a nationally-known poet, writer, educator, and performer. His website is www.AllanWolf.com
- Tom Tracy (guitar, mandolin, vocals) is an award-winning educator, a writer, and a musician. He currently teaches at The Learning Community.
- Alex Alford (upright bass, guitar, vocals) is an explorer, a traveler, an artist, musician, and designer. Alex produced the band's latest release. His studio and arts center Colourfield, in Asheville, NC.
Downloads of The Dead Poets
Enjoy these free tracks from a studio rehearsal in 2006.
We're sharing these NEW recordings of previously released songs for your pleasure. Check out tracks from our latest release via one of the links below.
Music of The Dead Poets
We've done Wordsworth's Daffodils as a do-wop a cappella. We've done Plath's Mirror as a polka, Wilcox's Solitude as a bossa nova, and Longfellow's Snow-flakes as a haunting ballad. We have originals, too, that teach about cowboy poetry from the other side of the fence, and how every poem by Emily Dickinson can be sung to the tune of A Yellow Rose of Texas.
2014 Now available!
- III: Life is Fine
- Intro - The Dead Poets
- Song to Celia - Ben Jonson
- Red Red Rose (Live) - Robert Burns
- Life is Fine (Live) - Langston Hughes
- O Captain - Walt Whitman
- Solitude (Live) - Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- Tyger (Live) - William Blake
- Emily Dee (Live) - The Dead Poets
- Trees (Live) - Joyce Kilmer
- Snow-flakes (Live) - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Sonnet 18 - William Shakespeare
- Poet Cows (Live) - The Dead Poets
- Crocodile Tears (Live) - The Dead Poets
- ABCs (Live) - The Dead Poets
2004 Out of print
- Inspired by the moooos
- A Red, Red Rose - Robert Burns
- Snow-Flakes - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Solitude - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Poet Cows - The Dead Poets
- Life is fine - Langston Hughes
2001 Out of print
- The Dead Poets
- The Tyger - William Blake
- Emily Dee - The Dead Poets
- Trees - Joyce Kilmer
- Daffodils - William Wordsworth
- Crocodile Tears - The Dead Poets
- Funeral Blues - W.H. Auden
- Blue Breaks Through - The Dead Poets
- 100s of ways - Rumi
- Sea Fever - John Masefield
- jimmies got a goil - E.E. Cummings
- Rubbin' Brown Bellies - The Dead Poets
- Minute I Heard - Rumi
Our first release is out-of-print, our second release is rare, but our latest is now available. Click below to sample and purchase! And don't forget to download some free tracks while you're here. We'll be back!